ParaCoderTM Generated Applications: Features and Characteristics
Supported Platforms and Requirements
- Generated code is ASP that runs on Microsoft Internet Information Server.
- Code is designed to work with Microsoft Sequel Server 2000 databases.
- Databases must have properly designed primary and foreign key relationships.
- Current output files include record "List", "Add", "Add Process",
"Edit", "Edit Process", "View", and "Delete" ASP files.
Supplemental HTML frameset and menu files are also generated for application framework.
Code Generation Technology and Characteristics
- SQL is currently embedded within the ASP, easing code portability to PHP and MySQL.
- Generated code is commented and looks human written.
- Cascading Style Sheets are used for objects generated on a page, making customization of look and feel easy and flexible.
- Generated code is highly reliable, since ParaCoder automates the generation of form validation, database connection and record set closing, etc.
- ASP session variables are not used, keeping server memory usage low.
- Generated code optionally supports a user authentication system to guarantee that only logged on users can access applications.
Form Data Validation
- Input fields have HTML that limits data size to appropriate lengths specified in the database.
- Server side form input processing filters against "Sequel Injection Hacker Attacks".
- Server side form input processing filters against "Script Injection Hacker Attacks".
- Input fields use data from their respective column's "default value" setting for new records.
- Server side form input processing checks to make sure that data size for text fields is within proper limits (redundant, but protects against some types hacker attacks).
- Server side form processing files check to make sure that the form was submitted from the correct page to prevent hack attacks.
Foreign Table Support
- ParaCoder generates all the SQL needed to handle complex database relationships.
- Dropdown lists are used to display selections from foreign tables (like selecting a country when editing a user's data).
- Dropdown lists are used to pre-select values from foreign tables (like selecting a company before listing all of its employees).
- Applications can be scaled to use multiple web servers without problem.
- Applications can be scaled to use multiple replicated database servers without problem.